So here we are, September is half over; so much water under the bridge....or in the yard. Hurricane Sally just left town and while our city did not take a direct hit, we were all left without power for various lengths of time. Our power was restored last night and what a glorious time we had! AC was running, fridge was cooling, lights were on everywhere, and the coffee maker was ready to get back to work. I don't want to relive the hades we had. All I will say is that sleeping at night was like sleeping in the trunk of a car, and getting ready for work with a cell phone flashlight and a candle left me looking pretty rough. I'm using a hotspot to write this blog since our internet is still not fixed. :-(
Onward and upward!
KNITTING
I finished a pair of socks during the Labor Day weekend that I had determined to finish. They have a lovely color combination and the pattern was pretty much made up as I went. I used a 2x2 rib for the cuff, moss stitch for the leg, slip stitch short row heels, and basic Kitchener stitch toe close.
SPINNING
I haven't done much weaving since a doctor visit revealed that I have a bad back and the start of scoliosis. Spinning however has been more successful. I'd been spinning a pound of green wool (can't remember where I got it!) on the jumbo flyer of my Kromski Symphony. This week I started plying Navaho style on a regular bobbin after switching out the flyer back to normal. Green is a great color to spin. It always brings me to a better mood.
BOOKS
I finished an audio book by Simon Brett. He has started a new series about a lady who cleans up for and helps hoarders with their mess. Its a cozy mystery with all the fun of a Murder She Wrote episode. Its a compelling read that's pretty believable; definitely recommend.
HOME & GARDEN
We trimmed trees last weekend before the storm and had no idea how fortuitous that would be. The day after the hurricane had passed, our lawn guy came and removed all the branches, leaves and cut the grass perfectly as usual. He's a great guy, a homeschool dad who brings his son to help whenever he can. We homeschooled our kids so I have a soft spot for families who walk a different path. God bless them.



