I’ve heard that when singers don’t know the words to the song they’re singing and people are watching, it’s best to say watermelon, watermelon to at least look like you know what you’re doing.
I also have some Tangerine yarn that I’ll add after the ribbing. We dyed these yarns at our dye day last year and they have been begging me to find a project for them . They just want to be seen and not left in the storage bin like the Velveteen Rabbit.
This pattern is now a no-brainer; just like socks with an afterthought heel. The hat starts with 120 sts and k2p2 rib for 8 rows. Then an abrupt increase, knit straight for a while (or insert some lace, etc.), decrease and tie off. Easy!
Tonight on the drive home from work I had almost an hour for my stocking feet to dry in the nice warm heated floorboard of my car. Rain all day; then walk to the car with an umbrella - this does not protect my tootsies from puddles and windy, sideways raindrops. So I'm thankful for the nice slow traffic that gave my feet lots of time to dry. (See? Giving thanks in all things!)
It's Tuesday night and normally I would be catching up with the latest episode of Castle, but the finale of Biggest Loser is on and my friend Liz has been a finalist. She looks fantastic by the way. She is a very, very kindhearted person and a southern belle to boot!