But now that my husband has fixed me up with some little flourescent lights in the kitchen, I may be able to start some seeds inside this winter and have plants to put in the soil. I had thought I would put out bulbs but it's getting late. Maybe too late in the fall for bulbs. We'll see..

Ever since I can remember, there's been a natural inclination in me to do things the old fashioned way. Planting gardens, sewing, cooking from scratch and of course spinning and knitting. Maybe it comes from reading books and the way writers romanticize these things. I'm not sure why, but I know that I'm curious to at least try something once.
Right now I am working on two books. One is an audio book by Jacques Pepin, and it's his autobiography.
The other book is on my Kindle; a PD James novel. She's sort of a Sherlock Holmes type of writer, but modern and a woman. I really like getting on the treadmill with my book - it's so much easier than trying to carry a paperback and reading a shaky text. Now I just prop the little thing on the dashboard (?) of the treadmill and press the button to turn the page as I'm reading. Too cool!The weather here in Tennessee is getting quite cool by the way. We're all dashing in and out of buildings, trying to get warm and drinking lots of hot drinks. (Maybe I should be knitting a scarf instead of reading!) It seems like the economy/stock market is perking up a bit, and shoppers are spending more than they did last year. That could be wishful thinking but it is December and Christmas is right around the corner. And of course that means a new year and in my book that means New Year's resolutions. I've already started to ponder the lighter ones. I think this will be the year of watching the clouds. I noticed the most beautiful sky last Sunday morning on my way to church. I realized that God gives some pretty spectacular shows, right in the middle of the day, if we just look up!