When the last of the holiday company leaves, your mind automatically shifts into the next gear. Of course there are things to clean and tidy, but further back in your mind are the "to do" things that you look forward to. I'm so glad there are always clean, fresh days to look forward to. We can have a bright, happy future, if we make that our goal.
I've been watching Gone With The Wind (hi-def) and its one of those movies that steels your resilience and motivation to keep on going. If Scarlet could do it, well then frankly, I can too!
And my latest Kindle book is by Louis L'Amour, which kind of takes you to the same mental place.
Work has been really tough this week, and I am worthless tonight. Since it's raining and chilly outside, I've taken a hot bath and am ready to read for a little while before hitting the treadmill and getting to sleep at a decent hour. We are changing our billing structure/person yet again, hopefully tweaking things for the last time. It is exhausting and mentally challenging; I leave feeling like I've had jumper cables clipped to my brain for the day. And our Outlook at work has been out for two days. No email, no calendar, and no contacts. I tell you, I'm tired. Louis L'Amour, take me away!
Our church is moving into the newly built sanctuary soon. We had a 'sample' service on Christmas Eve and it was spectacular. Beautiful space and bigger than what you might imagine. The little preschoolers I work with will be moving into the new building soon as well. There's a space just for them and those little guys deserve it. They are precious in God's sight! What a joy to show this brand new place such innocent, unspoiled eyes. Of all the people, I'm glad they're getting to play and learn there. They won't be complaining if things aren't 'just so'. They'll just be glad to have new tables & chairs and crayons to color with!
My parents house got a coat of paint recently, just before we all arrived for their party. (That's it above.)
And my folks have been busy with their garden.
Raised beds and container gardening. My dad even made me this unique rubbermaid tub with holes, pipes and a drainage system that I couldn't begin to explain. When the weather improves, I'll go outside and get some pictures of the container. Here are a couple of the ones he made out back - end of the tomato season!