SPINNING
While picking that bless-ed white fleece has pushed my limits, I decided to keep a clear head and just move on. The majority of what's left is second cuts and too-small staples anyway. So I drug out the last fleece and started picking it. It really gave me renewed confidence that I could meet my goal for the stash; the goal I made to pick and card all fleeces in the stash by July 15.
Being a goal oriented person, it was really bugging me that I might not be able to meet the goal. UGH. I hate to lose, even if its when I'm 'competing' with myself. Now I feel a lot better.
| Basket of singles turning into sock yarn, right before your eyes! |
It made me take on a small spinning goal without breaking into the large bags of carded wool in the stash. (They will be saved for later this year!)
Anyway, I have a ton of singles, that are small and not enough for any real project, so I decided to start a skein of crazy yarn. Kind of like a crazy quilt. It will be two ply, and made of whatever bits and bobs I have in the garage. Plied together in a couple of balls, I'm going to have a second 'go' at the Pippi Longstocking socks I started months ago. They were a complete fail by the way. And I do mean complete.
So this yarn will be like a self striping yarn, with no predictable arrangement of color, other than that I tried to keep like colors together.
KNITTING
With the world wide knit in public week coming to an end, I have to share a few more pics of me working on the cable rib socks. This was so much fun!!
![]() |
| Business lunch with a friend |
![]() |
| Starbucks drive through |
![]() |
| Date night with hubby |
I power washed the front sidewalk and part of the driveway, so its really inspired me to sit on the front porch this weekend. There was so much bird poop everywhere (I know its my fault for putting out bird seed) that the shady, private porch was not inviting at all. Now that its clean, I'm eager to go out with a quilt to have a few private moments!
I am not as young as I feel, and power washing two large cement areas in one week has taken its toll on my neck and shoulders. Ben Gay, take me away!
![]() |
| Sitting and knitting on the front porch |
![]() |
| This sock is about to have a heel-turning! |
READING
I finished a great book this week, called The Circle Maker. If you find yourself in need of faith, hope or encouragement, this is the book for you. It is really more of a motivational book, but is also inspiring and has lots of historical examples of people overcoming impossible circumstances.
The paperback copy of Lonesome Dove came in the mail, and the cover matched my Turkish spindle! How's that for serendipity?
![]() |
| $3 copy of Lonesome Dove and a Turkish spindle with sample God's eye wind-on |
PERSONAL
I got some great news this week, about some company coming next weekend. I can hardly wait, and will make every effort to have the place cleaned and well stocked by the time they get here!
I even re-arranged my little office/guest room today. I moved my Kromski wheel further into the open, and put the desk under the window where I can look outside without looking over my shoulder. Much better. Amazing what a little change can do for your "outlook". Everybody needs to change things up now and then, even if its just grocery shopping in reverse order, or changing up your morning routine. Whatever it takes, it can always be abandoned if it doesn't suit you.






