Tuesday, June 11, 2013

World Wide Knit in Public Week

KNITTING
This adorable sweater is the inspiration for my new cabled sock project. 


 It is based on 2x2 rib with a cable-3 tossed in every so often.  So far, its super easy, but my track record isn't so good lately, so I'm allowing myself the opportunity to mess it up at least once.  Tonight, I dropped one of the cables and had to just grit my teeth and fix the thing right away.  That one won't count, okay?

I cast on 56 stitches in the round with size 3 double point needles (DPNs).  The yarn is homespun that I'd already wound into balls earlier this year.  Fairly soft, except for a little leftover straw/grass that keeps popping up in the yarn.

I'm trying to pick it out, but whoever gets these socks will just have to call the bits "organic matter" and leave it at that.
Progress as of tonight!  Woo hoo! I'm flying!
I'm doing two socks at a time, but not on circulars. Just two separate socks with two separate balls of yarn.  I won't run out of yarn, because I have an extra (secret) ball of yarn.  Its a safety-net-ball-of-yarn.

SPINNING
Still picking the big white fleece.  What more can I say?  I am so over it.  Oh my word, am I done!
Spinning some more purple wool on my Tahkli spindle

I'm also obsessed with the Ravelry Spindlers group.  I never comment, only stalk and lurk, reading posts and occasionally giving a thumbs up (love) on posts with pictures I like.  It is a great way to start the day, looking at everybody's tips and updates; I am also stalking the Jenkins spindle group, but I'm not a member because I don't own a Jenkins spindle.  I really want one, though.  Just sayin'.

PERSONAL
In honor of World Wide Knit in Public Week, and Sunday being Knit in Public Day, I will share a few pics from the challenge.  
Knitting in purse at church (shhh!)
Family dinner knitting
Patio knitting

I had a chance to give a little sewing lesson to my daughter in law yesterday, and my granddaughter joined us for a little while, playing with a ribbon from my scrap box.  My DIL did a great job with her sewing, and Charlotte did a great job playing with the ribbon.
Charlotte's Bumbo seat