Somehow I got the quixotic idea that I should proceed with the Calm Down Cardigan, without concrete assurance that there would be enough yarn to finish it. This may seem like a "whatever" kind of situation to a non-knitter, but to us, its like tightrope walking over Niagara Falls. Or jumping out of a plane with a parachute. Its as close as we come to living dangerously.
Our minds are filled with self-doubt as we get closer to the mid-point of any project, even when we know we'll have enough yarn. Its a lot like money and a budget. You know its okay now, but what if something happens and I don't have enough to pay the rent. That kind of doubt!
And with homespun yarn, there is no going back to the store for more. Its one of a kind. There IS NO MORE.
So, now that I've implied sufficient drama to this post, I'll show you the knitting-so-far, and the what's-left-of-the-yarn.
![]() |
SPINNING
There's no need to post any pics of the fleece picking. Its coming along, but taking forever. I even dreamed last night that I was through with it. Is that not sick?? I need to get a life!
PERSONAL
After a fun Memorial Day with all the kiddos, I realized that my patio was sorely in need of a good washing. Power washing! So I did. What a mess it was - literally dark green in places. You can see how clean vs. how dirty in this picture. The part under the table had yet to be washed.
![]() |
| Hitting the pavement |
![]() |
| Power Washed Patio! |
Two books need to be updated here, just in case you don't have a life either, and you're actually interested in what I'm reading.
First, The Lost City of Z, lost the battle for my attention. While interesting and full of good information, it seemed like the writer had a hard time getting to the point. I have no idea how many hours of it I'd listened to, but eventually I had enough.
Then I was inspired to get Uncle Tom's Cabin as my new pick, but after the download was finished, I saw that 20 hours might be a little ambitious for me.
There I go again, taking on unrealistic goals. I can feel the horse rider pulling on the reins and saying "Whoa, Nellie!"
Today I have some less ambitious goals, like cleaning the bathtub and sweeping the front porch. It may not warrant a call to the local news, but for me, it might just be worthy of a Tweet or two.




