If you're a baby boomer or a little younger, you will remember a TV show with Leonard Nemoy called In Search Of . He was always on a quest for some unknown thing.
This week I'm in search of all things Entrelac. I am looking for the most beginner friendly project, and I'm thinking maybe a potholder. That's what they usually recommend to kids learning to knit. Or a scarf.
![]() |
| Entrelac Sample |
Ravelry came up with 1,207 matches and very few patterns look enticing. The prettiest seem to be the ones done with all one color, or very little variation. Maybe that defeats the purpose, but it seems like the color should be the thing that makes the technique stand out.
(I do like all the hats.) Still thinking about this one. And still knitting on the little scarf. I got sick this week and am just now feeling like myself again.
SPINNING
My shoulder has been giving me fits lately so I've completely sworn off spindle spinning and stuck to the very basic wool spinning project on my Kromski.
| Love spinning this wool roving |
| Two bobbins FULL of singles - ready to be plied! |
READING
Loving M.C. Beaton and Hamish Macbeth at the moment, I've just started "Death of a Chimney Sweep". To make the experience more realistic, I've looked up the location online and using Flickr search tools, found great pics of County Sutherland, Scotland. If only I could actually go there.....
PERSONAL
Pinterest is a whole other universe when it comes to getting ideas for things. Recently someone posted a photography challenge for the next 52 weeks. Week 1 was black and white, and week 2 is food. I have attached my flicker feed to the sidebar so you can go directly to the current photos. Week 1's photo challenge: Black and White.
The picture I took when I walked into the kitchen - it looked like a crime scene and all that was missing was the chalk body-outline.
If you click on my Flickr page to the right, you'll see the body of poor old "Bananas" just like I saw him!
Week 2 - photo challenge: Food
Today I'm making couscous and lentils - and here's the shot.
| Very simple Mediterranean lunch! Lentil and couscous - YUM. |
Well, all I have to say is that its different from all other years past. This year I have a lot of "Things to do and try" and a whole lot of "experience" this and that. I am still using my planner, so that's a good start (see previous post). Life is as challenging as its ever been, more so than I really remember. But I'm handling things so much better than I did when I was in my twenties. I'm more resolved, as a matter of fact. I'm more subdued in my reactions to things that used to tick me off. I'm more determined not to let things get to me. I'm more at peace with life and have a little more understanding that life is just what you make of it. Plain and simple. It does no good to resolve to lose 10 lbs, because statistically it will just come back. It does no good to resolve to save more money when you can hardly pay the bills as it is. Rather, I'm just giving myself a bit of breathing room this year, and I hope I won't be too difficult to be around. I hope I'm kind and generous, thoughtful but firm when I need to be. I hope this year I'll be happy even when life sucks all the air out of the room. And I hope you and I will get to talk face to face sometime. That would really be great!


