Saturday, July 31, 2021

Earth, sky and figs

    I finished spinning and plying the Earth & Sky batt I purchased recently online. It was so pretty in the ad but there were bits of light brown wool that felt so different from the rest of the batt; it felt like changing from silk sheets to burlap bags.  I love the color though - periwinkle, navy and green.  They represent the main elements and I can't wait to do a test swatch to see how it knits up! (Approximately 4 oz worsted )



    The skein was soaked and dried and one day, as the temps here are in the 90's.  I hung it out to dry this morning before we left for our Saturday errands (Target & Lowes) and when we came back it was dry! Very squishy by the way and it feels softer and fuller now. 



    Our 2 errands were to get a baby gift for my niece's shower next weekend, and to look for a generator.  We often lose power here on the Gulf Coast of the US due to hurricanes in the late summer and early fall.  Last year we broke all records and this year we've only had one so far.  I'm praying for a light season. 

    The fig pictured here is the first one from the two plants I put out a couple of years ago.  They are doing really well and have lots of leaves during the warm months.  Winter time saw them lose all the leaves but I knew we were good.  The little trees did not disappoint!  This dollop of sweetness shows me they will be good for snacking next year.