![]() |
| San Clemente Pier Restaurant |
![]() |
| Beverly Hills |
![]() |
| Aunt Judy's back yard |
![]() |
| Laguna (Pacific Coast Highway) |
Now that we're back, I've started and almost completely finished my next baby project. Its a sort of template sweater on medium sized needles with worsted weight yarn. Worsted weight yarn is not baby yarn or fine thin yarn, but neither is it bulky, chunky yarn. For those who don't knit, its your standard, Ford or Chevy yarn. Dependable, durable and easy to handle.
| Grandma's yarn |
Last night I finished the right front portion and all that's left is to press the sweater pieces, put them together and add the neck band. If I run out of yarn, I can use an alternate color to add the trim, and it should look fine, but I think I'm good. I had a panic moment last week when all looked dim and I thought I'd run out. Not the end of the world, though.
I've spent quite a lot of time lately in the garage, shaping up my little spinning/carding area. I have this great area rug from my mom's old house and it makes me think of that house every time I stand on it. We had brick floors in those days and it was no fun to lay around on brick floors watching TV. The house, being a beach house, needed floors that could stand a lot of wear and tear from dripping, sandy bathing suits and flip flops. So we had these rugs all over the house. The furniture was rattan with washable cushions. I never really gave it a second thought until I was older, but it must have been a never ending task to keep that house clean.
Before we left for California, my husband asked a friend of ours to install some flooring in the attic above the garage for extra storage space. It definitely made my spinning area more accessible. What a treat to have my own personal studio!
| Attic floor installation |
| Before clean up |
After the attic floor was finished, and the boxes were cleared away, I began my "studio" clean up.
I got out the lace flyer I bought once upon a time and hitched it up to my Ashford Traveler. I played with the yarn meter I got for Christmas years ago that I couldn't seem to get working (now it does!) and set up everything including my new wool combs and drum carder so that I only have to walk in and start working.
Like a sewing room, its dedicated to all my fiber pursuits, my lifelong yarn hobby.
Don't forget to look at the rug!
| After |




