Lest you think I fell off the face of the earth, I thought I'd better write a blog post to update you on all the knitting I've been up to lately.
 |
| The beginning - a pattern, some vintage needles and a ball of white yarn! |
I started a great little Debbie Bliss dress with some pretty small needles and a boat load of white yarn. Yarn that I bought and made sure I bought enough so that I wouldn't run out, even after the Lord comes back. I may be knitting in heaven, if heaven is what I think its gonna be like. :-)
 |
| blocking the back |
 |
| blocked and ready for piecing |
I blocked the back last night and am currently working on the front. Its pretty straightforward now, especially after I read through the pattern.
You're always supposed to read it all the way through, before you begin. Like the way your teacher in school said to
read over the whole test before taking it. I remember a few teachers who'd make the last question be something like, "since you followed the directions, put you name on the paper and turn it back in, and you'll get an A."
Reading through the pattern didn't get me an A, but it has cleared up the parts I didn't understand on the first half of the back. I had not read through the pattern at that time. Lessons learned!
 |
| Little cream cardigan |
I've finished blocking the pieces of the little cream cardigan sweater. Its so sweet and I can't wait to piece it together! Love the little sleeves and that it could possible fit a kitty cat if I had one.
 |
| pieces awaiting their big reveal! |
The recent heat wave/drought has ended and now my once dead back garden is alive and well. Dear hubby cut the grass and it looks amazing. The vegetables have finally taken off and we are eating them daily.
 |
| squash |
 |
| tomatoes |
 |
| apples |
 |
| banana peppers |
My roses and petunias are blooming, even thriving, believing they must be in Florida now, on vacation.
 |
| Alpha male petunias, the envy of the neighbors jungle gym |
 |
| Petunias with inferiority complex hanging on the fence |
 |
| roses rising from the dead |
 |
| Vegetables harvested and acting nonchalant by the sink. |