For those of you who don't know about Pinterest, its a virtual community bulletin board. Lots of people have gotten on board (pun intended), including businesses and commercial entities. Its a great way to get your "stuff" seen by lots of people, and marketing folks love it because it helps them to see what's hot and what's not.
Women are brutal, by the way, and its mostly women on Pinterest, so be forewarned!
On the positive side of pinning, you can find inspiration on all kinds of topics, and you can learn a lot from some pretty smart people. I love it. And I love this little knitting bag. Like I said, I had to make it.
| finished knitting on the go bag! |
| flat circles sewn together with strap |
| Golden Grommets (sounds like a band name, looks like a flounder!) |
A jewelry roll is a small travel accessory used for carrying your jewelry safely and without tangles. But mostly its just another cute thing to bring along when you travel.
In case you haven't noticed, women love pretty luggage and will pay a fortune for a Louis Vuitton bag or suitcase. Its status, if nothing else. Ms. Kardashian sets the bar high, and its not surprising to have the suitcase cost more than the clothes inside. (What's wrong with that?)
So I've started a new knitting project, socks made of scrap yarn!
Here's my inspiration photo:
(I have these exact shoes, a present from a dear friend who moved far away. )
And here's the sock I've been working on. Shorter than the inspiration photo, obviously.
I'm definitely in the homestretch, getting close to the toe.


