Monday, August 27, 2012

All creatures great and small

It never fails to surprise me how comforting knitting can be.  Never.

I have a tendency to say things like, "yeah, yeah, I know..." when I think I know everything.  I feel like I do.  I think I do.  But I don't.  You see, I forget, is really what I'm talking about.
There are things that make us feel good, like comfort foods, comfy clothes, and favorite movies.
Knitting is one of those comfort things for me.
over 300 stitches on the needles - 8 between every set of markers!
I finished the beautiful white baby dress and have picked back up the Swallowtail Shawl.  I was surprised to find that I only had one more section to go before binding off and blocking.  One more section!
Mind you the number of stitches on the needles right now is somewhere over 300, per row, so its gonna take a little while,  but I'm up for it.  I can do this!
the last frontier
I had a wonderful time with my family yesterday afternoon - random snacks pulled from the cupboard, a little grilling and some leftover potato salad and baked beans.  But nobody minded. At least I didn't.
Its good to have loved ones around you!
 
I had spent the morning meeting some folks that have had a little trouble and I was able to pray with a dear, sweet lady who really needed the prayers, I'm sure.  But it was troubling to see the concern on all of their faces, and even to catch the family pets' concern.


 Pets know when things are amiss. Even though they can't speak, they can somehow convey their empathy. Its God given, I believe. Pets just don't get the credit they deserve, especially loved family pets who've been around a while!