What a year this has been! As a knitter, you're always looking toward the next project and always feeling a sense of anticipation. Since the first of the year, I've been thinking baby thoughts and doing baby knitting.
And wrapping up lots of projects recently makes me wonder what's next, and I keep going back to the same thing. SOCKS.
I'm ready for some one-shot knitting (okay, two shots) without any piecing together. Without any pressing, blocking or measuring. I want to knit something that is funky, but functional. Whimsical but wearable. Something that inspires me but doesn't tire me. (I feel a rap song coming on...)
Socks are great because you can choose from a gazillion different yarns, lace / rib patterns, and start with virtually no prep work. All you need is a quick SPI gauge number and voila, you've begun.
So after we celebrate the first grandchild in the family tomorrow at the baby shower, I will probably switch gears for a month and grab a set of sock needles and some cutie-patootie yarn. Time to knit some crazy socks for fall!
My vegetable garden has produced some uber-fresh and tasty vegetables. The apple tree has lots of fruit but after a long drought and the heavy rains, the fruit has split and is falling off the tree a bit early. I suppose I just need to get the ladder next week, pick all the apples and make a few apple pies.
Book wise I've been reading Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. Agatha said this was one of her favorites. It is the best selling mystery of all time, at over 100 million copies sold. I didn't actually buy my copy, but borrowed it from my local library through their e-book lending system! Gotta love it.
The language, written long ago to a British audience, is thoroughly offensive today, but taken with a grain of salt, its a good read, especially when read while listening to classical music.

