| Swallowtail relaxing on the patio after a long day |
| Swallowtail taking a nap in the guestroom |
| Swallowtail entertaining friends, and telling jokes |
How could knitting be that exciting? What could possibly distract you so much so, that you literally day dream of knitting while eating out? I know, its weird. Its completely weird. What can I say? Its an addiction, I suppose.
On the way home from dinner tonight (long drive) my husband was privileged to listen along with me to a knitting podcast on my phone. He kept looking at me and saying how intrigued he was - that these people are exactly like me. Yes! We LOVE to knit. And I mean love. He said, "you would knit while you drive if you could." Yes, I said. And some do, I think, at least while waiting at a red light. I know I have. I figure if people can text and drive, study and drive, apply make up and drive, what's wrong with knitting while driving? Never mind, don't answer that.
Joke: A motorcycle cop pulls up beside a vehicle that seems to be swerving a little too much. As he approached the car he notices a lady knitting while driving. He hollers at her as loud as he can, "Hey lady, pull over!" to which she replied, "No, scarf!"
And just to show off, I have to share a picture of the little white lace-edge baby dress. Its as cute as it can be and I am really feeling good about this project!
| Debbie Bliss baby dress |
I've been spinning some white linen and I'm on the second bobbin. I will ply this just as soon as I can, and hopefully set it aside to start spinning something less stiff. This linen is pretty but its straw, basically. Its a plant based fiber that has no twist whatsoever, and really lacks interest. But its a nice break from wool, and has no nepps, and that makes for a neater floor when I get up from the wheel. No little bits all over the carpet under the wheel and chair.
| White linen |
I put away a book recently that I almost finished. Almost, because it came to the point where lots of novels come to. Novels that men have written. Novels where the main character, a guy for instance, is approached by yet another young, attractive girl who's dying to hop in the sack with the protagonist.
I realize this is a man's fantasy, and its pretty common in movies, but a book takes a while to finish, and I don't really want to spend hours reading about a grown man's fantasy. Maybe a woman's but not a man's.
I found a pretty good book sample on my Kindle that has really caught my interest. I 'll let you know if I continue or not.
And last but not least, I dug up my sweet potatoes. I was surprised at how many there were, considering they are invisible until you dig.
And I only planted a few vines, so this was definitely a success. I will almost surely plant these again next year!



