Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Did you think I wasn't coming back?


I know its been a long, long time since I've posted in this-here blog, but I have a very good reason!  I have been knitting voraciously (can that apply to knitting?) on a lovely shawl that I've dubbed a prayer shawl.  Its for a friend and I will tell you that while its not been hard to knit, it has taken some intentional knitting time to get it finished.  When I realized I was through with the body of the shawl, and was about to start the last 10 rows, I was elated!  Then I calculated that 10 rows of 200 stitches means 2,000 stitches for the edging alone. I said out loud the other night, how proud of myself I was, for staying with the project to the very end.  My tired fingers are thankful its done.  Now to block it and take some photos. I promise those will be in the next post!

As a diversion, I started a pair of men's gloves, using yarn I bought several weeks ago at Joy of Knitting in Franklin, TN.  They are soft and cushy, and are a joy to knit, as a matter of fact!  Size 7 bamboo DPNs and sport/worsted weight yarn.  Easy-peezy!  Love it!

We've spent quite a lot of time lately with our lovely new granddaughter, babysitting, giving a bath and shopping.  It is probably obvious that I am not ashamed at all of being a grandmother.

 I am 47 years old and proud of it!  I feel as though I've earned every wrinkle, gray hair and moment of memory loss!  There's a lot of stuff under the bridge of my life!  Being a grandmother is like a great reward for a job well done!  I'm thankful, actually, for all the ups and downs of a full life. It makes me appreciate the little things way more than a young person could.  It takes time to live a full life, like investing in a collection of precious items.  Every valuable moment of my life is important, even if I didn't realize it at the time it was happening.

Today, I am who I am.  Older, but wiser and hopefully I don't get too bogged down with the things that don't matter.  Today I realize how short life is, and plan on making the most of every last ounce of it!