Hi everyone! It's been a minute, so let's catch up!
Here & Now ~
We've been living on the Gulf Coast since 2014 and every so often we comment how much we love living here. The temps can be hot and sticky in the heat of summer, but let's face it, most people spend their time indoors, except to get out of the car and go inside and vice versa. Sunday night we went to our town's Independence Day Celebration; I got a gourmet popsicle and DH got a slice of our local pizza parlor's pepperoni pizza. It was so hot (how hot was it??) It was so hot that we left right after!
Spinning ~
I recently ordered a Malabrigo braid of wool for spinning. All of it so far has been done on spindles, either Turkish or supported. It's so portable to grab a little bag with some combed top and a spindle. I can work on my spinning while watching TV, on a break at work, or riding in the car while hubby drives. And this particular braid is so beautiful, and easy to spin now that I've loosened it up a bit. I found it compacted, probably due to storage, but it's spinning up very well now!
Knitting ~
I had been trying to knit a lace tank with some cotton-linen. After way too many tries, I let the sweater win. It was just not fun, and frankly a pain at times. I threw the whole thing in the trash. :-( I even burned my hand trying to knit! (JK)
There are a few projects on the needles right now. One is a tam with lots of fair isle patterning. It is taking forever, probably because the circular needle is not really long enough to handle all the stitches. I'm just too lazy to switch to a longer one.
Another project is a small set of gloves. I'm using scraps for them as well and they'll have to go in the "only use in an emergency" basket of woolens. Since I prefer spinning to knitting, there will have to be more knitting projects if I'm ever going to use up my yarn. By the way, I boldly threw away several balls of yarn recently, just to show everybody who's boss.




