Day 1
We drove to the Atlanta area the first night as it was a little more than the halfway point to our destination of Helen, Georgia 🍑. (Our friends at church own a cabin in the mountains that they allow their friends to use whenever it's available. We are so grateful because this gives us a chance to get out of town to a beautiful vacation area, while our kids meet us there for a true highlight-of-the-year.)
👍
So, our drive was uneventful but arriving at the hotel gave us pause. Thugs were lingering around the entry, so all we could do was nod and keep walking. The room was clean (Radisson) and very adequate so no complaints. (And the price was budget friendly).
The next morning, we stopped for gas & coffee, and drove the rest of the way to the cabin. The weather was starting to get cooler, but not yet cold enough for jackets. It was just right. I brought knitting for the car; another sweater, just like the last one, only smaller. (For a different grandchild!)
And also brought a blanket I'm knitting for my grandson-to-be. He's due in early March so I have plenty of time. His mommy and daddy bought the yarn and had it sent to me as a "baby gender reveal".
The pattern is exactly what I need. Lots of interest but not so much that I can't get in some tv knitting at night.





.jpg)