Monday night we watched the Dallas Cowboys play a terrible game that they actually won. It was humiliating I'm sure for the Redskins who seemed to be playing pretty well, to lose to a team who couldn't have played much worse. And it seemed that Tony Romo was the only factor that kept the team ahead at all. That and many field goals. Maybe the credit should go to the kicker, since that accounts for the majority of the points scored all night.
I am sure that the team of newcomers were taken to task over their sophomoric performance. There is just something to be said for skill and experience. You could tell Tony was looking around for some skilled players all night and was caught off guard lots of times when the only ones around were the ones he would have to coach through the remainder of the game. But at least they won - you gotta give them that!
During the game I was completing the crimson stocking and it turned out beautifully. Here it is pressed and ready to be lined.
I have managed to get a couple of pics from the yard. This tree was planted less than 10 years ago and it is as tall as the house now.
The petunias are leftover from the summer - wave petunias never let me down.
And this wasp is mesmerized by theses pink buds.
Finally this little plant comes up every year like a weed (I'm sure it is) but I let it go all summer so that I can see the awesome flowers.
While I don't have access to my community garden plot anymore, I did plant these radishes - not much to look at yet, but hopefully there'll be something for my salads soon!
I mentioned in my last post about carding and sticky wool. Here's another little tool that is very old school and low tech. Its called a nostepinne. It sounds like "No Spin" if that helps!
This tool is used to make a center pull ball so that when you're knitting, your ball doesn't roll all over the floor seducing and beguiling your cat. The stick is made of wood and is similar to a small baseball bat, just in case you need to knock someone in the head!