Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Somethings fishy and I don't mean sushi!

I am way down the line with my crimson stocking.  When I laid it on the chair for a progress photo, I realized how much it looked like a fish washed up on the beach!  How icky is that?  I hope it doesn't smell.

I also recognized something else.  I made it plenty long enough to hold lots of candy, Starbucks cards and knitting gadgets.  *Hint, hint!  Yes, I think  this one will be my stocking  for Christmas this year.

I love Christmas and I always kick off the season by watching Home Alone.   I am fully into the Fall weather right now though, as evidenced by my very large Autumn wreath on the front door.  If you're in the neighborhood and notice it, honk your horn when you drive by!  I'll try to run to the door and wave back. :-)

The Ravelry group for glove knitters has brought up the idea of a Fall glove knit-a-long or KAL for short.  They're calling it a GAL (glove-a-long) which I think is adorable!  Not that gentlemen knitters aren't welcome, but you know, leave it to the ladies to get creative with a name.

I really like the Knotty glove pattern and am trying to decide if I want to make them gray or pink.  Why pink, you ask?  Why not?

Earlier today I watched our president give his speech to the general assembly and he spoke about peace in the middle east for a while.  I appreciate that he did not take the obligatory, politically correct position of siding with the Arabs.  He did, in fact, address the pressure that Jews in the Middle East face on a daily basis.  Good for you, Mr. President.  And while I'm at it, God bless America!  (How's that for being politically incorrect?)