| homemade wreath from found items |
My birthday was Saturday and my kids and their spouses cooked dinner for me Friday night. We had lasagne, salad and focaccia, all favorites. Dessert was my all time favorite, Strawberry Shortcake! I haven't had that in years, and its not hard to make, just hard to come by. I had a wonderful night, and it was in fact the best birthday I've ever had. We laughed and talked and just enjoyed each others' company.
Earlier in the week I made myself some pajamas with fabric my mom gave me from her stash. I found this ad in the local paper with exactly what I had envisioned, so that was my inspiration.
| Pajama inspiration photo |
| pattern with newspaper alterations |
| top stitching the waistband |
| finished PJ's with drawstring |
I've been spinning some red and cream Shetland wool with this note card as my color inspiration. I'm trying to do the #spindown2012 challenge!
| rose red |
| paisley notecard |
And the cardigan is coming along great! One sleeve is done and the second one is underway. Easy to knit and I should have more than enough yarn for the entire project. Woo hoo!!
| watch out Mr. Rogers! |
I guess its about time I came clean about some things, in particular my opinions. I try not to ever talk politics or "religion" in this blog. I want to share my knitting, spinning and other fiber-y pursuits here. I am on FB and Twitter so you can often find my personal biases there.
*deep breath*
I feel the same as everyone else regarding the upcoming election, but I feel the need to interject something here. Our current president has another whole year to serve in office. There's another whole year of important decisions to be made, and demands on his ability. He needs wisdom and we ought all to support him with our prayers if we call ourselves religious at all. How can we not? I would think it goes without saying, but I'm afraid it needs to be said. Please, no matter how you feel about the coming election, please don't forget our duty to uphold the sitting president in our prayers!
*whew, glad that's over*