Today was the Cherry Blossom Festival downtown but I didn't even consider going because rain was forecast for the day. And it did in fact rain. Then it stopped. Then it rained again. Then lightning popped twice so we unplugged everything and the storm passed in seconds, it seemed like. I'm not making any serious plans for tomorrow afternoon to grill out.
What does all this have to do with knitting and spinning? So glad you asked. Nothing whatsoever.
![]() |
| Picnic basket repurposed for yarn stash hiding |
I did clean out the garage this week, though. (Including some of my stash!) I reorganized and collapsed boxes and sorted tools back into the tool box, and tossed some icky paint cans that have seen much better days.
I did all this because we had to have our air conditioner fixed Thursday and I had to clear a path to the attic. The repairman came in at one point grinning, it seemed like, with the news that we probably would have to get a new unit. To the tune of 7 grand.
![]() |
| Seven thousand dollars? |
We are now prepared for replacing two units in the future, one upstairs and one downstairs. I am still praying that it will be at least a few more years, but who can tell?
The best part of this week was Friday afternoon when I had the chance to meet a friend for a bite to eat. We originally met as participants in a ladies' support group, that reaches out to wives of men in ministry. My friend and I hit it off right away and have kept in close contact ever since we met online last fall. Yesterday we met face to face for the first time. She and her husband were traveling through our area on their way to another city. My hubby came along and the four of us had a wonderful, wonderful little dinner together at a country restaurant on the edge of town. She made me a beautiful wreath and I hung it on the front door as soon as I got home.
![]() |
| Easter wreath |
It inspired me to do some creative stuff today, so I made two aprons this morning, before doing some alterations on my husband's blue jeans.
![]() |
| apron strings are ribbons from my daughter's wedding flowers |
They both turned out great and I think I may be going to the craft store before Easter gets here! Not to make an Easter dress, but definitely to make something for the table, maybe a flower arrangement ??



