Whenever I have some time to spend, all to myself, I almost always choose to go to the library. I might go to the market or garden center or yarn shop, but I really truly love going to the library. Today was one of those days.
I picked up a book by one of my favorite authors, and can't wait to get started on this novel. But I need to finish one I am halfway through; To Kill a Mockingbird and its going fast. Easy read and very endearing. Its the kind of book that lingers in your mind, and later little things come back to you. She is such a good writer.
![]() |
| Me and Atticus |
This new book, according to Stephen King is "on fire with suspense". Need I say more? I have read many books by Greg Iles, but I hesitate to recommend him, because occasionally things get graphic. Murders and crimes are not glossed over, but written about realistically. I have researched this book and its supposed to be one of his less graphic books. Some are actually not recommended for juveniles according to his website. I appreciate that. I fall into that category.
Anyway, aside from my me time today at the library, I stole a little time in the flower bed, weeding, moving some plants and cutting a couple of tulips.
I planted a bag full of bulbs at the end of last fall and they have come up, right on time. Sort of salmon pink colored. Very similar to the mohair yarn I've been spinning.
I was inspired to wash some more wool after listening to a podcast that discussed processing fleeces, even greasy ones. I have one that I soaked and tried to clean last year or maybe even the year before. I can't remember, but its been a while and its sitting in the corner like a bad child. I don't like to look at it, and frankly I'd lost hope that it could be salvaged.
| dirty fleece |
I had come to believe that I would have to use it for stuffing or batting. But.....I followed some sage advice, washed only one lb. of it in a small dishpan in the tub, twice in very hot water. Then rinsed in equally hot water and set it out to dry.
| white as wool |



