Saturday, May 19, 2012

Coming out of the closet

I am such a freaky creature - I  crave order.  I'm not kidding.  I can clean and organize and forget to eat.  That's how much I crave order.

And when there's not order, I get grumpy.  When things don't belong somewhere, I am unsettled until they are in their right place.  I don't obsess (OCD) but it just bugs me and I want to make things right.
 
You know how you grab a ball point pen and it doesn't work, and you scribble on paper for a while hoping it will work and it doesn't?  And then you toss it, like its a bad pen; like someone did something wrong.  (Poor pen!) Anyway, that's how I feel when things are a mess.  If I can't fix the mess, I go somewhere else where I feel like things are in better shape.  Or someplace where I can fix things. 

So.....ever since I moved my office upstairs last summer, there has been a nagging feeling that something is just not right.  Where my spinning wheel sits, how my desk is ordered, the cramped quarters and the inability to get to things without a lot of hassle.
Today much of that has been remedied.  And it feels so good!  I have cleared out things that just don't belong in my little office.  Now I've added a sewing area to the newly emptied closet. I've got the sewing machine and Serger set up, plugged in and ready for action.  Or sewing.   All the what-not stuff that's been piled around, laying in limbo without a place to land, has been put away. Or thrown away.  Done.