You know what time it is! Go ahead, say it. Its
| Silk Cocoons fluffed and ready to spin! |
I finally finished the recycled blue jean roving and am feeling no guilt whatsoever for starting the silk. Its so, so pretty and I have a million ideas about what I can do with it.
| Recycled Blue Jeans with and without core thread |
I started with lots of hand cream because silk is notorious for getting snagged on everything in sight. Now I just reach into the plastic shoe box and grab a little ball of silk. They're a lot like cotton balls but the drafting is so much easier than hankies. And I can spin pretty fast, too, so it will go way faster than the blue jean roving.
| Silk Baby! |
I've been busy with the garden and back yard lately. Today I painted some old oak picture frames glossy black. I think they look marvelous.
I'm getting so excited about our new family member coming in September! We are talking about getting the floors re-done, getting rid of the builder's grade beige carpet and getting some hardwood or laminate floors. Something clean and without the residual life/DNA of the last 10 years imbedded in it. Yuck.
When I saw the sonogram picture of the baby just now, while going through photos for the blog, my heart skipped a beat. I felt a catch in my throat. My family is growing so fast now.
When I was 20 I married and that made two. Then when I was 22 I had a little boy. At 23 I had a little girl. That made four of us. My daughter married, then my son so that made six. Now my son and his wife are having a baby and that will make seven. wow.
Life is just happening so good in so many directions. My daughter and her husband are moving closer to us, since he got a new job about 20 minutes south of here. DD works 20 minutes north so we just happen to be the halfway point for their commutes! Now do you see why I've got to spruce up the house?

