Today before the rains came, I dug up all the turnips, collards and spinach in the garden. Its time to plant the summer stuff and I think we're about done with late season frosts. I chopped and cleaned and cooked almost all of the greens, saving some for dinner, some went to the freezer, and what wasn't prepped is in a big plastic bucket on the patio.
![]() |
| Turnips! |
| Wild flowers! |
| Whirling butterfly plant |
| Rose Garden |
KNITTING
After I started the Calm Down Cardigan, and knitted the heck out of a sleeve, it was abundantly clear that there would never be enough yarn to finish the thing with those big, honkin' needles, and I was hatin' those big honkin' size 11 straight needles. That's why I never knit with anything bigger than a 10. Its like knitting with telephone poles.
| Gone, gone, bye bye! |
| Take two on the Calm Down Cardigan |
READING
I started a new audio book today, called The Lost City of Z. Here's the excerpt from Amazon:
In 1925, the legendary British explorer Percy Fawcett ventured into the Amazon jungle, in search of a fabled civilization. He never returned. Over the years countless perished trying to find evidence of his party and the place he called “The Lost City of Z.” In this masterpiece of narrative nonfiction, journalist David Grann interweaves the spellbinding stories of Fawcett’s quest for “Z” and his own journey into the deadly jungle, as he unravels the greatest exploration mystery of the twentieth century.
I listened to it all morning while in the garden, and it was warm and muggy today, so it felt like I was in the Amazon. It kind of made me feel like I was really there, and that made the heat more bearable.
PERSONAL
Last night we took my daughter in law out to eat for her birthday, with all the family. It was so fun, and my son made her favorite cake - Snicker Cake!! Perfect way to end a birthday dinner.

