KNITTING
Okay, here's a small, isolated case of knitting, so that I can stay in the hipster club of knitting blogs. Active knitting blogs, that is.
Here's the swatch-in-action. Not really an action hero, but at least there's something to give the impression that actual knitting is happening at the end of my arms/fingers.
| Shetland and Angora blend on size 11 bamboo needles /3.5 spi |
| DULL AND DULLER |
| Not so dull after a shampoo and color rinse! |
PERSONAL: Yesterday was a sweet uptick in the middle of the week. We went to see my little granddaughter. We had a bunch of clothes my daughter had purchased/received from a friend, and we knew we had enough of an excuse to invite ourselves over in order to deliver them. There were lots of shoes and Charlotte had a little fun trying them on. She can't walk yet, but great shoes are a must when you are learning to walk. You can never have too many, you know!
We grabbed some burgers and frozen custard , then stopped by a local discount store, where we got an electric kettle. It's beautiful stainless steel, and is the kind like they use in the UK. I saw some adorable doll houses and seriously wanted to buy one for Charlotte. I just love this little lady!
It got me to thinking about how the whole birth order comes into play, and why the oldest child usually thinks the youngest gets all the attention. At this point for us, there is one grandchild, and she is surely going to be spoiled rotten before its over with. But once another child enters the picture, the attention will have to be divided, and at that point, it will seem like no one cares. (In comparison of course.) Then, more kids will only ensure that the impression is correct. Less attention means people don't care about me. Or so it seems. But nothing could be further from the truth. Loving someone is a feeling first. Deep love and tender affection may not be displayed like we'd wish, but it doesn't mean the sentiment is not there. I hate to say, "Its the thought that counts" but it kind of does. I think that's why the youngest child never feels jealous of attention bestowed on the oldest child. It seems natural because the youngest child was never accustomed to undivided attention anyway. And yet, as a 'youngest' child in birth order, I have never once doubted that my parents loved me, no matter how much time or attention they gave me. And I can say without a shadow of a doubt, that the tender affection I feel for both of my children is beyond measure. I hope that neither one of them has ever felt like I didn't care about them. I hope that they know that I have always loved them, and always will. Even when I'm old and can't remember their names, I'll still love them with all my heart. And now, even though there's another child in the picture (a grandchild), I still love my kids like crazy, and still have enough love for Charlotte too!
