Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Peripatetic


My little Bosworth midi - ready to go at a moment's notice!

Peripatetic - Traveling from place to place, esp. working or based in various places for relatively short periods

Yeah, that's me! Seems like lately I'm just here, there and everywhere.  Last weekend my husband and I traveled back to my hometown for my high school reunion.  Just two weeks before, we were there for my niece's graduation.  Travel is not cheap these days, but I am.  We are doing the best we can to save money while hitting the important things in life.  Not sure how successful I've been, but what the hey? Life is all about the journey, right?
Before the trip -  Turkish spindle in my back yard
 I took my Turkish spindle with me to document some of the travel and spinning combined!  I was inspired by a thread on Ravelry where spinners posted pictures of where their Jenkins Turkish spindles had been.
Driving down the highway of life!

Spinning in my parents' front yard
Mine is not a name brand, but it was still so much fun doing this, I gotta tell you!


Coming home I've determined to finish up a few bits and bobs.  Here are the singles, and the plied bobbin of bamboo silk that I bought earlier this year in Asheville, at Earth Guild.



And here's a pic of the picking/carding I'm working on.  Major progress, but hardly making a dent in the huge bag of fleece.
9 bags of wool - 4oz. each


KNITTING
I have just about finished one sleeve of the Calm Down Cardigan, but came to a screeching halt when I started feeling that, "Oh no, what if I run out of yarn!" feeling. So I weighed the sleeve and the rest of the yarn, and it looks like I'm in the clear.  I hope. Not really 100% sure, but pretty confident that there should be enough.  I guess if I run out of yarn, I won't be calling it the Calm Down Cardigan anymore.  It will more than likely have a one-word name with four letters, if you know what I mean!
LEFTY