At the end of each year, I have made resolutions for the coming year. Not everybody likes to do this, but for me, its a matter of goal setting in hopes of self improvement. I think I'm just that kind of person. I like things neat but not too neat. I'm not a clean freak, just orderly, as it brings peace of mind mostly.
Setting goals helps me to keep the end in mind. This sweater WILL be finished by the end of June.
I wanted to knit a sweater for each of the grandkids but have taken a little detour to knit myself a sweater. Supposedly an easy raglan sleeve, top down, *seamless* (so far) summer-ish sweater. This lovely Coastal thingy has been straightforward, but way more of a commitment than I really wanted. Its knit on size 4 needs, so there's red flag number 1. It got me the gauge and look I wanted, with lovely drape. Not too loosey goosey, just good solid fabric, that's not dense either.
All I can say is, I'll be glad when I'm done. I haven't even started the sleeves....maybe I should move on to those now, and it will feel like I'm going faster.
I've just about kicked the regular TV habit. I love Britbox and Netflix and some Amazon video. I love audio books and classical music while knitting. As for books, I'm reading Stormie Omartian's biography, relating to childhood abuse, a later relationship with Steve Martin, and finally her marriage to music producer Michael Omartian. Very good book, notably, she was a regular cast member on the Glen Campbell show back in the 70's.
I have loved getting my fiber of the month shipments from Paradise Fibers. Each box is a little (okay, a lot) different from what I would normally order, but like many other subscribers, it gets me out of my comfort zone and helps me work my creative muscles.
I have so many spinning works-in-progress aka WIPs but only one knitting project. Why is that? I need to get to the bottom of this. Note to self. 😊
Work has been good, steady and pretty peaceful. Like I said, I like things orderly. Summer is pretty quiet at the office and we work on projects that get us ahead of the game.
Family is always good, and in the last month, we gained a two new family members. My niece married a very dashing young man from Australia. Beautiful bride.
My son and his wife had a new baby girl, who has lovely dark hair. A first for all the grandbabies, since all the rest are blonde, or close to it.
Church is always inspiring. We are growing and changing all the time, yet this congregation remains faithful and very traditional. I love the physical aspects of the sanctuary, the wood beams and beautiful mid-century light fixtures. The activities are all very people oriented and the deep southern roots mean there's always a pot luck around the corner.


