Recently a friend loaned me a book about hand dyeing fiber. There is probably not a better resource on the subject, as it is full of pictures, instructions and inspiring ideas.She loaned me this book as I was trying to come up with some ways to use the dyes I bought in Asheville last month.
The teal is dyed using gray/brown wool.
Sunshine makes everything better!
My kids have been around lately and that is as good as sunshine to me. My son was here last night helping his dad with some business, and his fiance (today's her birthday!) asked me to come along with her and my daughter to the dress shop the other day to get my daughter's bridesmaid dress. We had a fun time and all went to eat later. These times are precious to me.
I realize the more we talk, at how far I've come emotionally from the days when I was getting married. I am so much more laid back about the future and things that really stressed me way back then. Even my daughter paid me a compliment about my work skills. She's working part time in the office where I used to work and has had the opportunity to see much of what I did while I was there. She said, "she had no idea what all I had done". Validation!