Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Growing pains

There hardly ever seems to be a time when life is static. Things are always shifting, changing and growing if they are alive.
When my kids were small, they had all sorts of aches and pains during growth spurts. This summer my son will be getting married and he's immersed in preparations for that. Some of it is difficult, but it will be worth it in the end!

My daughter and her husband are here for several weeks. They are taking a summer break from his school and her job (she'll be working at my old office for part of the summer!) and are in a bit of recovery from many months of 'growth'. He has one more year of school to go.

My husband's office has recently moved to some newly built spaces that are more modern and efficient than their previous facilities. I'm sure it will take a while for him to get settled in!

And I have begun my foray into a new phase of life. Life is good and change is normal. As I said to my husband a couple of days ago, Life is a Special Occasion. I don't want to miss one single drop of it!!
I watched one of my favorite movies last night, To Kill A Mockingbird, and knitted away on the Deep Purple sweater. Armhole decreases for the front and I've already got the nervous, I-hope-there's-enough-yarn-to-finish-it feeling. I'm sure there is!
Before leaving a couple of weeks ago, I spent an afternoon dyeing some wool, but have yet to pick or card it. Some is lavender and the other is gray wool I dyed a rich teal. Beautiful!! If I have time today, I'll get some shots of it to post next time. Oh, the possibilities!!