
Ha, ha, ha, she's so funny.

I have sewn the sleeve and shoulder seams of the sweater and will very soon do the side seams and that will be it! I had to pull out a few rows of one of the sleeves and re-knit it. Bummer. But it's right now, and that was worth it.

The neckline was easy to knit (k2p2) and I haven't re-blocked it. That's okay.


Gardening has kept me busy lately. We had a little freak storm that washed away the soil I replaced last week and took most of my marigolds with it. Bummer again.

Now I've finally come to terms with the fact that I will have to make this bed into a semi-flower bed. SO...today I dug up a large amount of monkey grass from other beds and borrowed some clay laden soil that will stay put when it rains again. Vegetable gardens need loose soil and this hill will not take that. Mature, hefty, weighty soil that will stand the storms.
Many pretty things are blooming that have never bloomed before. Here goes!

Apple tree.

Hydrangea.

Azalea. This one never has more that a couple of blooms each year. I still don't have blooms on my crepe myrtle tree. Go figure.

And one more hydrangea!
So life is good after all. Really! It's good to get out into the fresh air to keep my perspective. I have a little business phone call this afternoon and will be volunteering with my old preschool team at church tonight. Can't wait to see my friends!!
And of course after church tomorrow morning we'll begin the official kick off to Memorial Day weekend. We owe a debt of gratitude to so very many people who gave their lives so that we can barbecue on the last Monday of May. God bless our military families! They gave the ultimate gift.