Monday, May 30, 2011

Full Steam Ahead

When knitting with massive size 13 Addi Turbos and two strands of worsted weight yarn, there is no stopping what my hot little hands can do.  I am on fire!
Coral Cables Throw Pillow

I know you're thinking there are actual flames coming from my fingers, but not to worry.  I'm just doing what any self respecting knitter would do in this situation.  I am racing toward the finish line full steam ahead. (But I may need potholders later, if the needles start smoking again!)

Picking the yarn for this project made me launch into yarn-stash fantasy land.  I began to imagine my bed covered with assorted pillows; pillows with vast stitch pattern variations.   Like the kid on A Christmas Story, imagining a Red Rider BB gun, I had grandiose visions of pillow making fame.  Book tours & appearances at state fairs, you know.  That kind of thing.

So anyway, I may be making more pillows in the future and will be available for autographs after I finish doing the dishes.