I went to my garden plot today to weed. It has rained and I guess it's been a while since I was there. I barely recognized my space and had a hard time finding it. In such a short time, the weeds had practically taken over. Marlene told me this would happen, but my pride got in the way. MY garden will never be taken over by weeds. Ha. Famous last words. So, I'm red in the face and wiser from an hour in the hot afternoon sun. (But I love it!)
My back yard stuff is doing fine, since I can check on it every day.
I cut apart the things from my little frame loom and put the white linen runner on the breakfast table.
I still haven't warped the loom for some fresh weaving, but it's been very busy at work and I am just too pooped at night to start a new project.
I took out some of the coral yarn and had a great idea for a cable project. Then it hit me Coral Cables! I'm so clever.
I'm thinking a small throw pillow would be cute, simple to knit, and just the right size since I've only got 4 skeins of yarn. By the way. Some people pronounce that, "skeens" and some people say, "skanes". You can say it either way; I don't mind. ( Did you just say them both out loud?) :-)
Part of my job, on occasion, is to help people when they are moving. Last week we helped a lady sort through some things in her garage, as she bought a high-rise condo in the city. She has a lake house and some stuff is going there as well, but in her downsizing (post-retirement) I received several items that I have been wanting for a few months now. Literally.
Two of these
a bread machine
a pedicure thing-a-ma-jig
and several other things like seeds for the garden, chocolate, party trays and a beautiful tin planter. Somebody up there likes me!!
My personal life is going through some changes right now, and my attitude is to always keep my chin up, no matter how I feel inside. Usually, if I stay positive, my life will follow suit. If I give in to emotion and negative feelings, I can find all sorts of things to complain about. There's an old song that is perfect for this occasion, "Count Your Blessings". In light of the recent bad weather, death and damages to cities all over the country, I can't complain about my circumstances. I hope you have things to be thankful for, too. When I hear people walking through the rubble after a tornado, say that they're happy to be alive, I realize I should be too.