I could tell you lots of things about my spinning and knitting since the last post. I could infer some things so you'd think I've been really busy. I could leave out enough, so that you'd think I'm an amazing and crafty person, capable of who-knows-what, if I only put my mind to it. Or I could be brutally honest and tell you that I've just made a few swatches, carded a few batts of freshly picked wool, and spun some singles. That's what I could tell you. But... Nah! What's the fun of that?
So here are some of those classic pictures I like to post. The kind I put on Instagram to make my life look way more colorful, interesting and enviable. Yeah, that kind!
| Colorful Clouds of Carded Wool |
But not so subtle that it just looks like another hank of gray yarn.
| spinning all but the yellow |
| Each bobbin weighs 2.5 ounces. The bag holds 5 ounces of gray |
I made two swatches to keep up some semblance of being a knitter. I'm like an anemic knitter. No power. No energy. Must keep knitting...
And last night we stopped by my favorite LYS where I purchased 2 ounces of silk noil (white) and a pair of absolutely exquisite rosewood knitting needles. I mean, WOW. Aren't they beautiful?
And last night we stopped by my favorite LYS where I purchased 2 ounces of silk noil (white) and a pair of absolutely exquisite rosewood knitting needles. I mean, WOW. Aren't they beautiful?
![]() |
| Bryson Rosewood Needles |
We left the yarn shop and met some friends for dinner - a very easy going couple that we love to hang out with. It was a nice night, in spite of the rain, and we got home kind of late. It was date night so we took our time coming home. As caregivers, its important to get away and put fuel in your "couple" tank. Caregivers need lots of breaks and lots of opportunities to be open and honest about things, without equivocation, if you know what I mean!
