I like to read all kinds of media including magazines, blogs, newspapers and books. I like a good story, for sure. My husband is a writer and he doesn't care what he writes on. Some of his best songs were written on napkins. One time he was taking our daughter to school when she was little, and he dictated a song to her. I think she used her notebook paper. They also had a wreck that morning. (fyi)
So just to comfort all you book lovers, here is a book my son gave me for Christmas. Lots of beautiful color pictures, patterns and information. A true reference book.
The Book of Wool
Thursday night my husband took me to pick out my birthday present. You'll see it in the next post!Friday the kids came and we all went to eat Italian, my favorite. My daughter had send a bouquet of flower which arrived during our spinning guild meeting. What a treat!!!
Here are a few shots of our show and tell.
Saturday I had a fabulous shopping all day with my daughter and son-in-law and Sunday at church I got to meet my son's girlfriend's mother. He is very serious with this little lady, and I really felt good meeting the 'mother'. I know she did a wonderful job of raising her daughter and am so thankful for all her attention to bringing up such a lovely lady. We are known by our fruits. It was a very brief encounter, as I was about to go to a meeting, but I hope to see her again soon.
Our preschool dept. is growing so quickly, almost faster than we can keep up. I truly admire my supervisor, who is such a humble and caring person. She is a great example, coming from a very dire, minimal subsistence to leading a very successful life. She still deals with many family issues, yet keeps her personal matters from limiting her work and still keeps her family priorities straight.
I finished the rustic scarf and passed it forward yesterday. I hope it's ok!
I'm off work today, as I'll be working this Friday, so I am enjoying a cup of coffee right now, looking out my office window. The photo at the top is from yesterday, and I hope you'll click on it, to see the beauty of the skyline. Even the clouds can be beautiful!