Tuesday, January 19, 2010

We have lift off!

I planted my lettuce last weekend, and right after I did, the gentle showers began. Perfect timing! The 15th was my goal date and I met it!
I am so blessed to have a considerate husband. He sat through an entire chick flick last night with me, and at the end, LIKED IT! Wow. What a guy.

My husband couldn’t be more thoughtful and attentive, always speaking to me respectfully and never raising his voice. My dad was a great example of how one treats a lady and I think my son is also exhibiting the same behavior with his new lady friend. We definitely taught my daughter that NO man should ever be disrespectful to you, especially in public. (I think she has found her prince! )
The Scarf is nearly finished and I’m not frustrated that there’s another one to go. Unlike the dreaded Second Sock Syndrome, a second scarf is its own creation and is in no way dependent on the other. Thank Goodness!!!!
I am hosting our spinning group meeting this Friday at my house, and I’m so excited. I need to begin to plan a snack, or goody to serve. It looks like most of the group will be able to attend and then later in the afternoon my daughter & her husband will be arriving. My birthday is this week and we’re all going out on Friday night.
Wednesday night I plan to go hear a band play in Nashville; one of my favorites! It will be a treat. Work is always a challenge but I am beginning to see the light: hope, and that is good.
Every so often I have a little break down and my boss gets to witness them on occasion. Last week I had to be really, really honest with him and he was very understanding. For that I am thankful. Praise the Lord!