I received a compliment today about my knitting, just to toot my own horn. A couple of guys my husband works with saw his scarf and asked about it. Of all the things I've made, I'm probably not going to put this one on Ravelry. But they thought it was pretty cool. Rustic is what I'd say. I literally hand carded the wool in two batches, light and dark straight from the sheep. Then spun all the yarn on a spindle; my first one - Ashford 5lb (jk!). But it was a pretty hefty spindle.
And....a quick update on the watermelon hat. I gave it to my DD who really liked it. I was sure the color was out of style, but never trust an over 40 mom when looking for fashion advice. Who knew that watermelon/tangerine is the new black? Ok, maybe not, but at least it was wearable!
*newsflash - pedometer at 9pm before treadmill time is just under 5,000 steps for the day! I can do it!
And one more little show-off. Here is some of the Alice wool I've been spinning. Three ply and it's pretty well blended light gray. I'm happy with it!