Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Midnight post

It's almost 2 am and I'm doing something that I swore I'd never do. Making a blog post. This is the absolute worst time to blog because you're tired and incoherent. Yet, I'm totally inspired by something and just can't sleep.

I have lots of business things going on in my head, and after a wonderful weekend with family, I'm ready to get to work Tuesday morning. But I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. Then I got really great idea that kind of pieced together two trouble spots I've been trying to figure out how to fix - this idea may fix both problems or at least start the fix. (Sleepless nights can have their benefits!)

So, getting up to surf the web at 2 am led to me reading Yarn Harlot's latest post about a quick scarf she knit while finishing something else. I did not knit over the Memorial Day weekend and I think I know why. What's left to do on the purple sweater is sewing not knitting and I'd rather be knitting frankly. But seeing Yarn Harlot's little scarf was so inspiring! I just haven't decided on my next project yet, and therefore have no impetus to finish the purple sweater. She said forget it and started her new project anyway. Eureka!

Now maybe I can get to sleep, having change my thought patterns to something less troubling and more fun. Now I can dream of (sugarplums) what my next project will be!