Thursday, June 24, 2010

Always embrace Plan B

I love the title/quote above. We can never be sure of our future and certainly can't know how things will turn out. Best bet, be prepared to go to Plan B, just in case! It might not be so bad.

When I moved into my college dorm, I had a very reluctant roommate. She didn't really want to room with me and let me know early on, but she was stuck with me. (Plan B) Later on, we shared an apartment together and eventually we wound up being in each others' weddings.

Today I went to the phone store to see about getting my insured cell phone fixed. After a 45 minute wait, we were told the same thing the girl at the door told us. Go to the website, pay your deductible and get a replacement. Every 'associate' had a little different way to solve our problem, and if we had made a stink right there in the store, we might have come away with all kinds of perks.
But in the spirit of keeping my husband's blood pressure in a good range, we left the store and embraced plan B: pay more money, get another phone and go on to the next thing. (I've got a wedding coming up in a couple of weeks and cherish sanity.)
Preparing for the wedding has been fun. I've finally painted the breakfast area where the scuff marks have been staring at my guests every time they throw away their trash.


I'm keeping up with my June Bug wrap.


I spun the Peacock wool and plied it with some cream wool for a nice variegated blend.

And I even made a pie the other night. I used to make these all the time, and my daughter commented she couldn't remember the last time I made one.





I would like to tell you this was an apple or peach pie, but we're counting calories lately, so it was filled with sugar free, fat free pudding. (Plan B again!)