Here's some knitting for you to envy. There's no keeping track of rows so I just sit down and knit whenever I want to. No need to keep a pattern nearby or gadgets or notes or a pencil or anything! Perfect for a trip to the beach!
In fact, I'm making a visit to my hometown on the Gulf coast for my high school reunion this week. I've loaded a couple of beach chairs and have all my 'things' washed so that I can pack tonight. I have spun a second ball of silk to keep me working freely on June Bug!
I have mixed emotions about the event, like most folks would, I imagine. Pretty much everybody has a few bad memories from high school that they'd like to forget and I'm no different. I was teased and made fun of; and so were most of my classmates. This seems to be a rite of passage in our society. Get teased, get over it, grow up and move on.
But we usually don't really forget it. Ask around and people are super quick to tell about how so-and-so was a real pain in the behind back in the day. Rainn Wilson tweeted something today that cracked me up. He said the oil spill had to be caused by his school-days bully, Tony Karas, and that President Obama should kick his butt, if he was looking for one to kick. See what I mean?