Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June Bug


Now that June has arrived, I've somehow got the bug again to knit. I finished the Deep Purple Sweater and tried it on. It fits great but will need a final blocking. Woo Hoo!

And I think I've picked my next project; started a little of it yesterday evening while watching a disaster movie called 2012. (Not a good thing to watch after listening to the news.) However, it is always fun to knit and I really like the yarn and stitch pattern I've chosen.

The silk is spun from hankies; it is three ply but very light weight and so very soft!

The stitch is obviously Feather & Fan or Old Shale if you're in the UK. (Not sure if my NZ friends call it either one!)

The needles are Inox size 10 DPNs and I've got one ball spun so I know I'll be spinning a bit more. I have two more packs of hankies to spin, should I choose to accept this mission.

Outside my office window is a holly bush with a nest of robins. They have grown a lot in the last week and the mama is very protective of them. (FYI, my husband trimmed all the hedges last weekend and didn't realize what was in the shrub!)
I know how this mama feels. I have two of my own babies! One got married last summer and the other is getting married in a little over a month. It's actually a good feeling to know that they are growing and maturing as they ought to. I'm very proud of them both and look forward to their futures and what God has in store for them.