Saturday, June 19, 2010

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do

Things are coming together really well for my son's wedding in July - less than a month away. We met his fiance's grandmother last night for dinner. She has played an integral part in the shaping of my future DIL's character. A godly woman.
I'm very aware of Psalm 32 and 33 lately; how much the world tries to play like there's no God, but there is. He is our only hope, for individuals and for nations!

I promised some pictures in my last post that update the progress of the June Bug wrap. 100% handspun silk in the feather and fan pattern. Very soft and light!
And yes, you spotted the 'gnome' in the shot. My coffee mug, sneaking a peek. I got it in Gatlinburg, TN this week, at a great pottery shop in the mountains. There's a terrific arts & crafts community there, great views -unspoiled and untouched (see above), and friendly, humble people all around.

This lady's father made her loom and great wheel. Yes she spins and weaves!

Back home today so this morning I checked on my vegetables and they are looking good. I was really inspired at my parents' house last week. They sent me home with a bag of produce from their garden that I immediately cooked for supper when I got home.
We are a blessed nation and really need to keep it that way!!