Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

If you are feeling down this year, it's okay.  Some years aren't as good as others, but at least you can hope for a brighter future.  We aren't all given the same circumstances to deal with, and I am sure that many, many folks have it harder than me.  One thing I am sure of, God hears my prayers.


I was busy at work today, feeling tired and quite frankly feeling pretty down in the dumps.  I was so very tired and wished my husband could pick me up from work, because I was just about too tired to drive home (an hour in traffic). Then I realized he was working late and that wasn't possible.  I was feeling down because I have yet to buy anything for Thanksgiving dinner and knew I would never be able to grocery shop tonight.  I'm also working tomorrow and our out-of-town company is due in tomorrow afternoon about the time I get home from work.  I prayed, "Lord, I need to get some food for dinner." Within about 30 minutes, someone where I was working walked up and handed me a precooked, pre-sliced ham and a container of fresh rolls. I nearly cried and all I could say was thank you.  Then as I was cleaning up my stuff and getting ready to head home (an hour drive, remember!) someone else came over to me and handed me a fresh from the bakery pie and a container of mixed nuts, packaged with a pretty bow.  These of course were in honor of Thanksgiving, but to me, they were clearly an acknowledgment that God was watching. And listening.  And answering.
Happy Thanksgiving!