Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The things we do for love

Sometimes we are asked to do things we may not want to do; go the extra mile, take one for the team, stand in the gap, however you want to say it.  If you are reading this blog ( a knitting blog) then you are very likely one of those people who go the extra mile.  Usually the only reward for "going the extra mile" is a simple thank you or a wink or at least an appreciative smile.  The thing that makes most people shrink back from doing this again, is the inevitable "taking for granted that you'll do it again, cause you did last time."

I haven't quite figured out yet, how to say a big fat NO.  We all want to say no, don't we? And yet we hope that somewhere there's just got to be a payoff for doing your best no matter what, right?
Well, today I heard some good things about my daughter who's been taking it on the chin, so to speak, for a while now.  She works hard.

She and her hubby were blessed twice this week.  First with a free pair of concert tickets, and then today, dinner for two at a pricey restaurant, compliments of someone who noticed.  Yeah!  That's what I'm talking about!  And have I mentioned that her hubby recently snagged an internship with the District Attorney's office in their county for his last semester of school? Good work!
Now my son's wife, who has been waiting and praying patiently for a job in her field, was interviewed and hired on the spot last week, and she started her new job Monday!
  

And my son, by the way, has been getting some very good attention at his college for his songwriting skills   He's meeting some pretty influential people and only the Lord knows what good things are in store there as well.  He's an accomplished musician, just like his dad.
So you can see, I'm one proud mom, and will take any chance I can get to brag on my kids.  Oh the things we do for our loved ones!  Like knitting sweaters and socks for Christmas!   (You knew I would take this back to knitting somehow, didn't you?)

So I'm casting off the Seraphine scarf that I started in October, and will go back to the Pebble Beach socks for my daughter in law.  Now that just means one thing.  What will be my next project?!
  I'm tossing around a couple of ideas, but I won't say yet, since I haven't decided, but it's sure to be a little something for someone I love!!