Saturday, November 20, 2010

Neverending love

I've got a never ending love for you
From now on, that's all I want to do
From the first time we met I knew
I'd have a never ending love for you
~ ~ ~

There has been one staple in my hobby list; one that I will always resort to when I'm stressed and when I'm happy.  Knitting.  I picked up the needles tonight after not touching these socks for a while now, and felt instant gratification.  Everybody has one of those things that just make you feel better immediately, when you make the contact.

I'm so blessed to have found a hobby that I really love.  I have a friend who told me recently that she doesn't really have any hobbies like that.  I realize that some people thrive on social interaction or activity.  Others take longs walks alone in nature.  Some like sports, etc. - you know what I mean.  But for me, there's a little world that makes me feel better when I go there.

This week flew by and this whole month, actually.  I guess that's a good sign, that I'm enjoying these days.  I like my job a lot.  I'm a part of a pretty stable community and I love my family.  And of course the weather is just beautiful this time of year.  I love the fall in particular and we've got at least another month of this according to the calendar.  Times are pretty good, I'd say, even with all the rest of the world in tatters.  If you can find contentment where you are, your are very lucky indeed.  Blessed, I would say!