I received the February installment for my yarn of the month club and am really looking forward to knitting those swatches. I have yet to decide which one will be first, but I think it just might be the light green.
That one is called Amalfi by Debbie Bliss and it's mostly cotton with a tiny bit of linen and silk. The other samples are ISR Sport by Pico Accuardi Dyeworks (variegated wool), Camel Hair by Ornaghi Filati (alpaca/merino in blue green) and the last is an alpaca boucle in a dark mossy green called Onda by Lana Grossa. (Yarn names have come a long way, baby!)
I also finished the little sparkle hat for me. I wish you could see the angelina fiber in the yarn, but it hardly shows up in the photos.
This hat is based on a rib pattern, but has enough of a change-up to give it more style.
The people who create yarns like this for a living are true artists. They know what colors to mix, what fibers to add in and keep out, and the right proportions to keep them practical so that folks like me can use them. Folks like me who know nothing about art but everything about the ooh-ahh factor!
My husband is one of those artistic genius types. I've known it for years; his ability to come up with something beautiful, and then craft & master the details until it looks easy and approachable. But I know the time, effort, concentration and true gifting that goes into every project he does. Just like the yarn designers from Italy and South America. There's a facet of creativity that is only given to a few people on this earth . I sure enjoy being around it, that's for sure.
Today I came home from a tough morning, and yesterday was about as bad. I talked to my husband on the phone this evening and he had had a pretty tough afternoon. We both wound up venting to each other for a little while. It helps to know that someone else in this world understands and can appreciate what you do, even when there is no real monetary reward. But I do know that Someone is watching and clapping, even if I can't hear it. I did see a note of thanks in the sky yesterday, and I thought you'd like to see it.
Isn't it lovely?