Saturday, February 26, 2011

Here Comes the Spring

It seems to me that there are a few things I can count on in this life, and I'm not just talking about death and taxes.  One thing that's certain is that seasons will  always follow other seasons, like Spring comes after Winter, Winter comes after Fall, and so on.  (Are you with me so far?) Windy days will follow rainy ones.  Grubs will magically show up in my lawn, and moles will burrow just in case I don't want to pay for aeration. 

And another thing you can count on is that the Winter will have it's fair share of cold, gray, wet days. But Spring will surely have a few warm-ish days like today for instance!  Today the sun has come out, and if you stand in the sunshine, behind a wind break with a sweater on, you can enjoy a little of God's creation for more than a just a few minutes!
And look what greeted me when I was out there:  My lettuce sprouted!!!  Wooo Hooo!


Even the forsythia is bearing a few blooms. All sure signs that Spring's a comin'!!

Since it was so pretty outside today, I took a bunch of wool (mohair and regular wool) to card out on the patio. 

The blend is pretty but might cause a gag reflex in folks unfamiliar with sheep, goats and other livestock.  For those of you with some experience in these areas, please feel free to oooh and ahhh!

On the evenings and afternoons when I had a little free time, I spun and carded this dyed wool blend - still trying to come up with a name.  Curry?  Goldenrod?  Harvest Gold? If you click the photo, you can see it's two different colors.

It does me good to sit down to the spinning wheel when I get the chance.  I find a doorway, if you will, back to what's real and important in life.  Much of our society is hung up about things, the cost of things and the price of things.  It's hard not to listen to all the bad press.  It's important to remember who and what really matters.
If your heart is pure and right with God and your fellow man, nothing else really compares!