Here is the finished French Press cozy. It's not the original, but more like a template, or practice run. I'm no longer inspired to make the one with the great colors, but this satisfied the itch.
Flat knitting in Fair isle stitch is tough, I'm here to tell you. What a challenge! You definitely need stitch markers and a sticky not to keep your place on the chart.
I still haven't put the buttons on (safety pins for now) but they are coming.
I also did my swatch for the week. This is done with Riverstone yarn by Louet in 'Mustard'.
I used the Zephyr acrylic needles from Knit Picks, and I think they're size 8. Stitch pattern is called 2/2 Garter stitch rib from the book, "400 Knitting Stitches".
And I planted my lettuce last weekend, while we had a bit of warm weather. The ground was still frozen, but I made-do with planters! Am I clever or what??
So proud of myself for getting these seeds in the soil before the next snow came (today). I will be glad I planned ahead when spring gets here!!
In the last few months I've started watching the show Lie To Me, and so have a lot of other people I know, apparently. It's such fun to watch the innocent be vindicated and the liar be exposed. Not that we don't all lie, but some can tell hum-dingers without batting an eye. The TV show explains how our body language gives us away.
"No, I love your new hair do!"
"Really, honey, those 'jegging' pants don't make you look fat." You get the idea.
I can say that without much equivocation, a liar bothers me just about more than anything else in this world. I don't care if you fail, if you're mistaken or if you're just downright lazy, if you'll just tell me the truth to my face. But when I hear about someone telling a bold face, out and out, 100 percent flat out lie, it makes me angry. And the thing that makes a lie just a little bit worse, is when someone else knows about the lie and does nothing about it. My husband will tell you, that's where I draw the line. I have lost all patience at that point, and I'm a pretty patient person.
I heard about a liar getting 'caught' this week and I'll have to say, there was a sigh of relief from the top of my head to the tip of my toes. And I'm so proud of the person who did the confronting. I know it was not easy, but it shows an awful lot of courage to take on a liar. They are usually pretty good at weaseling out of things, so it takes a bit of skill and the grace of God to get the truth out of a dishonest person. Bravo!
