Monday, August 22, 2011

Falling Behind

Locally grown organic apples (from my back yard)
I used to crank out two blogs a week, sometimes even more.  The point of the blog is not to bore you, but to update you on knitting progress and other relevant 'stuff'.  My current knitting project is this great blue and white stocking; looks kind of like Blue Willow dishes to me.  I realize that this kind of knitting is really not fair isle, but just two colors with no repeats of any kind.  Its slow as molasses in January;  like a 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzle.  Better not get in too much of a hurry, cause it's gonna be a while.

The reading of each row is so much like cross stitch, its not funny. And I mean that.  Its not funny.  Its not even fun, at this point.  This is the last of these stockings I'll ever do, even though I've only got part of this one under my belt, so to speak.  Trying to knit while watching TV is pointless, even with the CC on.  I never look up, because I'm always counting stitches and looking at the pattern.  Enough!  Just about to put this aside and listen to my inner child; the one that says, "Are we there yet?"

Okay, so I've been wanting to paint my dining room for a while now.  The annual Thanksgiving photo is a booger to get the lighting right for, since the room is dark red and the light fixture is bright enough to light the inside of your car's glove compartment.  Pretty dim, if you ask me, and the ugly brass is so outdated and ugly, that I've had little black shades on the candelabra bulbs to distract attention away from the 80's style finish.That makes the room feel even more like a cave!

I have some time to get a few house projects done in the next couple of weeks, and this room is the absolute first thing on my list.  I am so excited to update this room, since we are having as many as seven at the dinner table nowadays when we all sit down together.  I have a leaf for each end of the table, and need to get a couple of sets of 8 place mats to accommodate everybody.  (These are the things women live for, by the way. Excuses to spruce up the house or buy more table linens.  Just ask the sales girl at Pier One.)

I've picked up the necessary supplies and tonight after supper I'm going to pull all the china out of the cabinet, so I don't break anything during my 'sprucing up'.  Tomorrow will be D-day, and there won't be any turning back after that.  Fingers crossed?
I'll keep you posted as I make the aforementioned changes to our dining room.  Oh, and by the way, the rug needs help; when you lift up the corner, the carpet underneath is truly five shades lighter than the carpet that surrounds the rug.  No lie.